Location: Mountain View, CA
RF Engineer is responsible for all the RF Engineering related activities required for the readiness of Polaris Wireless OmniLocate System (MLC) support all technical operational issues related to the product.
In this role as a member of the RF Engineering Operations team, you will work closely with Customer’s RF Engineering teams. You will also interface with Polaris program management, field engineering and product engineering for successful rollout and deployment of Polaris products.
- Develop system configurations for field expansions and Greenfield deployments.
- Upload Carrier network information to MLC
- Use Polaris Wireless system to load and validate the drive data
- Use Polaris Wireless system to build CDT and PSD
- Process Type 1 and II Cell data
- Debug and resolve any accuracy performance issues. These activities may include but will not be limited to validation of RF propagation and cell data base on a case by case basis
- Provide product feedback to product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Telecommunications Engineering or technologically relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in RF propagation engineering for wireless applications
- Experience with RF planning tools such as Planet, ACP, AFP, etc. and infrastructure OSS
- MATLAB experience is a plus
- Solid computer skills including importing and exporting data into spreadsheets and spreadsheet analysis
- Experience with mapping tools such as MapInfo and Google Earth
- Very good understanding of GSM at both radio and network interfaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Language Requirements: Fluent in English and knowledge of Spanish language a plus.