Location: Mountain View, CA
This person will responsible for working with vendors and System Integrators to design, build and support production systems for customer data centers. The administrator will work closely with engineering and operations to design system configurations for field expansions and upgrades and develop Bill of Material. The person will be responsible for leading troubleshooting and resolution of all field escalations.
- Develop system configurations for field expansions and Greenfield deployments.
- Work with system integrators to design system configurations to meet the end customer requirements.
- Work with procurement to develop Bill of Material for the system configurations.
- Lead all technical field escalations and troubleshoot them until resolution.
- Active engagement with engineering to ensure planned s/w release compatibility with field system configurations.
- Active participation with Vendors to stay abreast of all latest hardware configurations.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- 7 to 10 years of IT infrastructure management experience
- System, Security and Network administration experience
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Switches (Arista, Cisco)
- Manage VPN connectivity for employees and 3rd parties (L2TP, PPTP, SSL,IPsec)
- Ability to create and explain detailed network topologies (Visio)
- Troubleshoot network problems and fine tune network performance
- Ensure environment adheres to industry standards and best practices guidelines
- HP DL Series Servers
- EMC VNX Series Storage
- Firewalls Cisco ASA firewalls
- Cisco Switches/Routers/Load balancers
- Red hat Linux
- Windows Enterprise
Must be an expert in Networking on Bare Metal and VMware.
- Experience with automated installation scripting, Windows PowerShell, Linux kick-start
- Experience in configuring and maintaining firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Experienced in site to site VPN, Email and data encryption.
- Experience in managing a mid to large data center.
- Experience in managing and developing team members,
- Must be hands on technical with excellent organization and time management skills!
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to learn new products
- On pager support during non-business hours
- Be able to do physical installation work involving IT hardware
- 30 to 40% travel may be required